Katz, Marshall & Banks partner Lisa J. Banks and senior associate Matthew S. Stiff published a white paper for the 2013 ALI-CLE Conference on Advanced Employment Law & Litigation entitled "The Federal Arbitration Act." The conference will be held at the Washington Marriott at Metro Center from March 14-16, 2013. The paper discusses:
- The Federal Arbitration Act of 1925;
- Application of the Act to the states and employment contracts;
- The scope of judicial review of arbitration awards;
- The scope of discovery in arbitration proceedings;
- The retroactive effect of the Dodd-Frank Act's ban on predispute arbitration agreements; and
- Practical considerations in arbitration.